Wild Wild West Theme
Western Theme Party
Your cowboy hat is starting to collect dust. You’re humming the theme song to the classic TV western “Bonanza.” Rather than talk in your sleep, you’re calling out square dance directions. You’re drawn to pointy snakeskin boots and chaps. Well, sit yourself down, pardner, get out the old address book and prepare to have yourself a country western party! We have tons of western party ideas that will help you find invitations, decorations and favors that will make your party a foot stompin’, Hee-Hawin’ success.
Welcome your guests with a big personalized banner that says something like “Jack & Jill’s O.K. Corral” or “Welcome to American Corporation’s Old West.” At the entrance to the party set up a life-sized cutout of the guest of honor or the host and hostess as a cowboy or cowgirl. You can place a basket full of bandanas and cowboy hats near the front door so your guests can fill out any gaps in their cowpoke duds.
A rented barn or ranch is a great setting for all your favorite buckaroos to gather. If you can pull that off, you have a lot of the decorations built in. If not, there are lots of things you can do to make your party authentic. First, set the stage for your event with real hay bales outside the entrance. Use real or foil cactus cutouts around the hay as well to really give your presentations some depth. Plastic snakes should be all around the ground, but fear not, your cowboys and cowgirls will surely be able to handle them. If you have one or can borrow or rent one, place a western-style saddle on top of one of the bales.
Here are a few more great Western party ideas –
- Western boot danglers are an easy and fun party decoration. Use them all over the room or highlight a special area, like the buffet.
- Western scene setters are another great way to decorate a large space. We love western barn shutters and western bar scene for the doors and walls. To make a huge impression put up a large western mural!
- Hang wanted posters all over the walls. You can personalize the posters with the host/hostesses pictures.
- Hang “Cowboys” and “Cowgirls” signs on your bathroom doors.
- Another fun idea is to use rope to make lassos and hang as garland.
Have a country western music playing. You might also play other classic country artists like Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, George Jones, June Carter Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings.